Same-sex marriage for all

Civil partners registered elsewhere can now marry in Scotland.

Couples who have a civil partnership registered abroad or elsewhere in the UK can now marry in Scotland, thanks to an extension to existing legislation.

From Monday November 2, civil partners registered outside Scotland will be able to change their relationship to a marriage by having a ceremony here. Previously, the legislation meant only civil partnerships registered in Scotland could be changed.

If you’re thinking about this option, why not get in touch with an HSS Registered Celebrant:

Image Courtesy: Wikipedia, Creative Commons


Take action now

Sign our petition

Sign our petition to end unelected religious representatives on education committees.

Sign today.

Learn more

Read Our Blog

Humanitie Blog

Humanitie is the platform for thought, comment and analysis for HSS.

Bringing you thought-provoking articles on Humanist issues.

Learn more

New Pod- cast

Available now!

Have you heard we’ve started podcasting?!

You can listen to the first episode, plus two special editions now.

Learn more